Thursday, February 19, 2009

Milt Says Goodbye

Speaking of legends retiring....

Bit of background, ladies and gents, yes, I'm a Wisconsinite, and yes, I've been one all my life and intend to be one until the day I die, but I'm also a big CFL fan. Even wrote a bit on scout.com when CFL writer Jack Bedell ran the place. Don't ask me why I like the league. Always have, always will, somehow. 

Anyway, in a retirement that's as big to the CFL, maybe bigger, than the retirement of Brett Favre, Milt Stegall made it official that he was hanging them up. I wish every pro athlete could see how he conducts himself on and off the field and take notes. He will be missed. I have not the words to convey how wonderful he was to watch, even in the limited amount of times I got to see him, be it on tape or in person. 

No comments:

Post a Comment