Tuesday, February 17, 2009

#22 in Action

See this post for what I mean by that. 

The Brewers signed Eric Gagne to a minor league deal today, a far cry from the $10 million deal he got last year from us. 

My reaction: He could have value, given we're not paying him much, if he makes the team.

Steph's reaction: Disbelief, "Are you kidding me?," Anger, Questioning Why?

Also had the Weeks-Hart debate again tonight. No decision rendered, although in her mind, she wins. She always wins there. 

Since I'm rambling about the Brewers, my guess as to at least April's starting rotation is as follows:

1. Dave Bush
2. Braden Looper
3. Yovani Gallardo
4. Manny Parra
5. Jeff Suppan

Reasoning? I heard somewhere (and failed to remember or find the link again) that Macha doesn't want the young guys to worry about being the top guys in the rotation, and Suppan just hasn't had a great stint here in Milwaukee. That leaves Bush and Looper, and I think the guy that's been with us for a while will get the nod on Opening Day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment